Manchester and Salford Inner Relief Road improvement works
28 Aug 2018
Major road improvement works, on one of the busiest routes in and out of Manchester and Salford, will start on Wednesday, 29 August 2018
The work will improve capacity by up to 20% at six major junctions in and around Regent Road, reducing congestion and delays.
The £15 million Manchester and Salford Inner Relief Route improvement scheme (MSIRR) is being delivered by Manchester and Salford City Councils with funding from the Government’s Local Growth Fund.
The work will last for 12 months and will have a major impact on journey times. Please plan ahead and find out how it might affect your journey.
Where is work taking place?
Road works will take place at the following locations:
- Junction of Dawson Street, Regent Road, Trinity Way and Water Street
- Junction of Regent Road and Ordsall Lane (Salford)
- Junction of Regent Road and Oldfield Road (Salford)
- Mancunian Way, A56, A5067 roundabout
- Junction of Trinity Way and Hampson Street
- Junction of Hampson Street, East Ordsall Lane and Middlewood Street
During the works Regent Road, from Oldfield Road to the Mancunian Way, will be reduced from two lanes to one lane in each direction.
Find out more: