Teaching Excellence Awards 2018 – open for submissions
15 Mar 2018
Do you have a track record of excellent achievement in teaching, learning and student experience activity? Could you be one of the 2018 Teaching Excellence Award winners?
The Teaching Excellence Awards focus on achievement in relation to teaching, learning and the student experience over recent years. Our themes this year are:
- Learning through Research
- Transformational Technology Enhanced Learning
- Assessment and Feedback
Cases should include evidence of an academically rigorous approach, coherence and evaluation of activity. The Award consists of a £5,000 grant to be used by recipients to develop teaching and learning activities or to support their own career development in this area over the following three years. Professor Kersti Börjars, Associate Vice-President (Teaching, Learning and Students) chairs the cross-university panel which makes up to 6 full awards annually and may also issue commendations.
Key dates and contacts
- Faculty of Science and Engineering - submissions to Professor Louise Walker by Friday, 6 April
- Faculty of Humanities - submissions to Emma Rose by Thursday, 26 April
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health - submissions to Wayne Bulbrook by Tuesday, 24 April
- PSS and Cultural Institutions – submissions to email@example.com by Wednesday, 26 April
An awards ceremony will be held on Monday, 2 July 2018.
For further information, templates and detailed guidance: