Printer review across campus
27 Nov 2017
To help us understand our colleagues’ printing needs, we’re conducting a printer review across campus between December and February
Staff from NewField IT (a subsidiary of Xerox) will be visiting University buildings to record information on all copiers, scanners, faxes, printers and multi-function devices currently in use at the University.
Some of the information recorded will be:
- Make and model of device (eg Xerox WorkCentre 7835i, HP LaserJet Pro M426fdw)
- Serial Number
- Type of device (eg Inkjet printer, colour laser printer)
- Connectivity (eg connected to the network or plugged directly into a computer)
- Features of the device (eg A3, double sided, number of trays)
- Service status (usually in the form of an information page containing information such as the total number of pages printed)
NewField IT staff will carry ID at all times and will only require access to copiers, scanners, faxes, printers and multi-function devices. Visits will only take a few minutes per device, and equipment will not be removed during the review.
If you would like more information, email the Managed Printing project.