Visit Basil the Macmillan Mobile Information Bus on 15 November
14 Nov 2017
On Wednesday 15 November a Macmillan Mobile Information Bus will be visiting us for the day on the CMFT hosptial site. Whether you have a cancer diagnosis or are worried about cancer in any way at all, please feel free to come along between 8:30am and 3:00pm for advice.
Basil is coming to town!
On Wednesday 15 November Basil the Macmillan Mobile Information Bus will be visiting us for the day.
One of six big green Macmillan buses (Basil, Bertie, Beryl, Betty, Bronwen and Dougie) travelling across the UK, Basil will be parked-up outside M&S on the CMFT hospital site from 8:30am until 3:00pm.
A dedicated mobile team of highly-qualified Macmillan professionals will be available to give advice on a range of issues including:
- Screening and what to look out for, for example signs and symptoms
- Different cancers, their treatments and side effects
- How cancer affects your life, for example: finances or employment
- Talking about your cancer, or talking to someone with cancer
- Being there for someone with cancer, or the support available locally
- Survivorship and recurrence
Basil will also bring along:
- a skin specialist nurse, who will be delivering a skin education event from 1:00 pm to 3:00pm
- a money expert to advise on financial matters
- a dietitian
- a specialist cancer advisor
Everyone is welcome to use the Mobile Macmillan Service. Whether you have a cancer diagnosis, have a friend or relative affected by cancer, or are worried about cancer in any way at all, there are lots of ways that Macmillan can support you - medically, financially, emotionally and practically.
Please feel free to come along any time on Wednesday for advice.