The police would like to speak to you!
09 Nov 2017
Guest speakers from Greater Manchester Police and the North West Regional Organised Crime Unit are sharing their insights into the underworld of cybercrime, its victims, and their advice on staying safe online
Come to a cyber security event and get first-hand advice on how to stay safe online and reduce your risk of being a victim of cybercrime.
Guest speakers from Greater Manchester Police (GMP) and the North West Regional Organised Crime Unit (NWROCU) will once again share their insights into the underworld of cybercrime, its victims, and their advice on staying safe online.
You will also hear about the University’s Cyber Security Programme and the IT login changes that will require all staff and post graduate research students to use 2-factor authentication from Tuesday 21 November.
Thank you to everyone who came to our presentation in the Sackville Building on Monday 6 November. Our next three events take place in the Simon Building:
- Friday 10 November, 12.30-1.30pm – Paul Taylor, GMP
- Monday 13 November, 1-2pm - Paul Taylor, GMP
- Friday 17 November, 12.30-1.30pm – Helen Williams, NWROCU
If you didn’t catch one our previous events, why not sign up now? The last events were really popular, with people commenting:
- "Extremely informative - thank you!"
- "Presentations were very informative and to the point"
- "A really interesting speaker with good examples"
Book your place: Cyber and you – a true story