Industrial action to affect Arriva North West passengers
27 Oct 2017
Arriva North West has announced that industrial action will take place by drivers and engineers on Monday, 30 October
This action affects bus services operated by Arriva in the North West only, Arriva Buses Wales services throughout North Wales and parts of Cheshire will be running as normal.
- There will be no planned Arriva bus services in Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Cheshire on strike days.
- Arriva customers with pre-paid Arriva tickets travelling in Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Cheshire will be able to use them on the Merseyrail and Northern rail networks.
- Arriva tickets will be accepted on Stagecoach Quality Network Routes.
- The unions have called further strikes dates on 6, 8, 13, 20 and 27 November.
- No changes to services operated by Arriva Buses Wales.
No planned Arriva bus services will operate within Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Cheshire (except for services running out of the Chester depot 1, 1A, 15, 15A, DB1, DB2, DB4, 3, 3A, 4, 4A, 10, 10A, 82 and services coming into Chester from Wrexham and Rhyl which will run as normal.) Arriva North West will be providing updates throughout Monday on their social media channels.
Customers with Arriva pre-paid tickets (i.e. Weekly, Annual, Student etc. excluding SOLO) travelling in Merseyside will be able to use them on the Merseyrail network and throughout the North West on corresponding routes with Northern Rail on Monday 30th, for details of network and times please visit Merseyrail or Northern Rail. Also all Arriva tickets will be accepted on Stagecoach Quality Network Routes in Merseyside – Services 10A, 14, 53, 82, 86, 471 and 472 for details of times and other bus services visit Merseytravel.
The unions have called further strike days for the 6th, 8th,13th, 20th and 27th November. Arriva would like to remind all passengers that the strike action on 8 November will also coincide with RMT strikes affecting Merseyrail and Northern.
Arriva North West apologise to customers who will be affected by this industrial action.
For any specific questions regarding your local bus service please contact customer services on 0344 800 44 11.