Call for Aurora Mentors - developing future leaders for higher education
09 Oct 2017
Launched in November 2013, Aurora is the Leadership Foundation’s women-only leadership development programme
Aurora aims to encourage a wide range of women in academic and professional roles to think of themselves as leaders, to develop leadership skills, and to help institutions maximise the potential of these women. This innovative development process is for women up to senior lecturer level or professional services equivalent.
Each participant will require a mentor for support and to provide guidance within her institution. Mentors can be female or male, as this will reflect the needs of the Aurora participants.
- Be considered successful in their careers
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in their organisation and understand its culture
- Have the endorsement of their Aurora champion
- Have sufficient general higher education experience to be able to offer advice and support
- Be a good listener
- Have a genuine interest in helping women to develop their careers and particularly support his/her mentee
- Have sufficient time available to work with the mentee
- Have a supportive or ‘coaching style’ of communication
Training will be provided for mentors and has been arranged for Wednesday, 24 January 2018 from 2.00pm until 3.30pm.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor please contact Denise Fieldhouse by Monday, 23 October.