Before You Were Born…
18 Jul 2017
Free family event looks at how babies grow – and how research ensures more babies are surviving and living healthy lives
Before You Were Born is a free, family-friendly event that delves into the world of life within the womb.
It will give you the chance to see how the placenta helps a baby grow and develop, what can happen if that goes wrong and how the ground-breaking research being carried out in Manchester, and across the rest of the world, is helping to ensure more babies are surviving and living healthy lives.
Designed for all the family, Before you Born is filled to the brim with things to do, see and learn:
- A Treasure Hunt: weave your way around the different rooms of activities to collect stickers and learn fun facts about how the placenta provides everything a baby needs . Free sticker charts and stickers for children!
- Womb with a view : a room bursting with arts and craft for adults and children alike; come and explore your creative side!
- Research and You: an exploration into the world of a pregnancy clinic; midwives from St Mary's Hospital will take you through what it is like to work in a pregnancy clinic
- A Vital Connection: lots of interactive activities exploring how the placenta works
- Meet the Scientists: come and see some real-life scientists talk about their research! With only 3 minutes each to wow you, they'll have to be quick!
- Photography exhibit: beautiful shots of the placenta as you have never seen it before (all child friendly)
- Sculpture and drawing exhibition by artist Adinda van't Klooster
- Find out about the amazing work of Manchester’s Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre
- Find out about the Maternal and Fetal Health Research Panel – a new way for people across Greater Manchester to have their say in research
The event will be held Manchester Central Convention Centre on Saturday, 2 September from 3-5pm.
To register, visit: