On Devo Health - History in the Making
19 Dec 2016
University publication reviews Greater Manchester's landmark devolution deal
The pilot devolution of health and social care spending powers to Greater Manchester earlier this year is one of the greatest redistributions of power away from UK central government in modern political history.
To mark the end of a ground-breaking year for Greater Manchester and for the health and social care sector, the University is releasing On Devo Health. On Devo Health is an initiative from the Devo Manc Hub - an Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Impact Acceleration Account-funded initiative, which brings together work from across The University of Manchester on regional devolution.
On Devo Health brings together expert commentary and analysis from University experts in the fields of health, economics, and business, and leading figures of Britain’s health sector, including:
- Professor Kath Checkland, Professor of Public Health & Primary care
- Lord Peter Smith, Leader of Wigan Council and Lead for Health and Wellbeing at Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Professor Ruth Boaden, Director of the National Institute for Health Research
- Frances O’ Grady, General Secretary of the Trades Union Congress
- Professor Diane Coyle, Professor of Economics and former advisor to HM Treasury
- David Walker, Contributing Editor at the Guardian Public Leaders’ Network
- Dr Su Maddock, Senior Research Fellow in the Manchester Institute for Innovation Research
- Helen McKenna, Senior Policy Advisor at The King’s Fund