#GivingTuesday: Give your time or learn lifesaving skills
23 Nov 2016
Find out how to do your bit on this day of giving by dropping in at the Making a Difference Fair and First AID CPR training sessions
The Making a Difference Fair, organised by the Faculty of Science and Engineering, will be open from 11.30am to 2pm on Tuesday, 29 November in the Renold Building Concourse.
Find out how you can do your bit on this day, by visiting the stands of the following organisations who all welcome volunteers:
- SPORT – volunteering opportunities for staff or students (many need no sporting skill)
- Wood Street Mission
- Staff Networks
- Give As You Earn
- Schools-University Partnership
- UMBUG (University Bicycle User Group)
- School Governors Initiative
- Crowdfunding at Manchester – find out how to fundraise for University projects which have an impact on our local, national or international communities
Anyone, staff or student, is welcome to attend. You’ll have a chance to win a £50 High Street Gift Voucher if you visit a stand in the fair and submit a completed evaluation.
And while you're on the north campus, why not learn how to save a life? Drop in for First Aid CPR Training between 12noon and 2pm in the Barnes Wallis Building Hub, where sessions will run every 30 minutes.
Celebrate your giving
You can tell us how you are making a difference on the Making a Difference Tumblr site. Share your story and encourage others to get involved.
Follow #GivingTuesday to hear stories from staff and students about how they Make a Difference, by raising money for good causes or giving time through volunteering. Tell your story!
Want to know more?