Martin Harris Centre - spring 2016 season now on sale
11 Jan 2016
The Martin Harris Centre, a performance space situated at the heart of the University’s campus, announces its exciting spring programme, offering a rich variety of music, drama, literature and dance events.
A very warm welcome to the spring 2016 season at the Martin Harris Centre. We have an exciting season ahead, packed with a broad range of events to suit all tastes!
Spring 2016 season highlights
- The biennial New Music North West Festival takes place in January 2016. Featuring 8 days of music and 30 events by 100 living North West composers, the festival is the largest, most intense focus on New Music in Manchester. We are privileged to be joined by Sir Harrison Birtwistle as part of the festival. Performances take place at the RNCM, the Martin Harris Centre and other venues across the city.
- The Manchester University Music Society returns in February with a two night run of French opera, Castor et Pollux, showcasing the finest singers, musicians and creative team of the society’s members.
- Internationally renowned resident string quartet, Quatuor Danel continues its eleventh season at the University in March with a cross-section of the greatest of Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven, the latest from the University’s Philip Grange and a rip-roaring Brahms Piano Quartet.
- The popular Literature Live series, run in conjunction with the University’s Centre for New Writing returns with an inspirational line-up of authors. This season includes readings by acclaimed writers such as Ian McGuire, Vona Groarke, Rupert Thomson and Helen MacDonald. We are also very excited about the Guardian Live event with Jeanette Winterson and John Irving, who is deemed to be one of America’s greatest living novelists.
- In April we welcome Conductor Stephen Barlow and the Northern Chamber Orchestra who will explore pieces related to neurodegenerative disease. All proceeds for this concert will go to the charity Parkinson’s UK.
- The ever popular Walter Carroll Lunchtime Concert Series continues with a varied and diverse programme. Lunchtime concerts take place on Thursdays and begin at 1.10pm. The concerts are free and there’s no need to book, so you can just turn up on the day and enjoy the music!
These are just a few of the highlights. We hope you can join us this Spring, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Centre very soon.
For full details of the new season, visit:
Tickets for the spring 2016 season are now on sale and are available as follows:
- online from Quaytickets or
- by telephoning the Martin Harris Centre’s Box Office on 0161 275 8951 (2-4pm weekdays)