University Chancellor Lemn Sissay is keynote speaker at BME staff network event
02 Oct 2015
Exploring race equality in employment and education on 19 October 2015 (4-6pm) in 4.38, Simon Building
Join the Black Minority and Ethnic (BME) staff network to explore race equality in employment and education. Meet the bodies working to tackle these issues and find out more about the work they do and how you can get involved at The University of Manchester.
Following participation in the Equality Challenge Unit's Race Equality Chartermark pilot, working alongside University staff, the BME staff network helped The University of Manchester to receive a Race Equality Bronze Award in 2015. This award recognises the work that has already taken place to embed actions on race equality at The University and provides an action plan to make a real difference.
Short talks will be followed by discussion and networking.
Guest speakers include:
- Lemn Sissay MBE, Chancellor, The University of Manchester
- Professor James Thompson, Associate Vice President, Social Responsibility
- Dr Dawn Edge, Academic lead, Equality and Diversity
- Patrick Johnson, Head of Equality and Diversity
- Dr Bridget Byrne, Senior Lecturer in Sociology, Centre on Dynamics of Ethnicity
- Natasha Brooks, Student Diversity Officer
This event is part of Black History Month.
Register online at: