Staff benefits update
01 Oct 2015
It’s the first week of a new month so as usual it’s a bumper edition for you! Offers from: Perkz, the new Key for the City reward card, Nuffield Health’s Printworks Gym, theatre, competitions and this year’s fantastic Well Being Week!
There are fantastic offers and competitions this month in the October newsletter including:
- Apple - save up to 10% online and over the phone with this Perkz favourite, which has been extended to include the new Macbook, Apple Watch and Apple Watch Sport;
- Hotpoint Indesit – save 40% (usually 30%)!
- Sainsbury’s – save 5% in store with a gift card. If you shop at Sainsbury’s already this is a no brainer as you save money on every grocery shop!
- Haven Holiday - Win a 3 night weekend, or 4 night midweek, Self-Catering break for up to 6 people sharing a 2 bedroom Deluxe Caravan at any Haven Holiday Park;
- Hotpoint Fridge & 48 Heinekens – a swanky new fridge full of beers delivered in time for the rugby World Cup Final (over 18s only).
Key for the City
Since the launch last week a number of you have been signing up for their new reward card and app experience. If you want to access 12 months of real savings with over 170 leading Manchester providers it costs £10 as an annual fee or £1 per month (for 12 months) via your salary. You can sign up here. Unlike other cards, their offers typically consist of 50% discounts, 2 for 1 offers; and one card permits up to four people dining together to receive the discount available in all of the restaurants in your package! Discover more on the Key for the City discount page.
Current restaurant discounts providing 50% off the food bill on your first visit (25% off future visits) are:
- Damson at Media City UK
- Podium at the Hilton Deansgate
- Dimitris (Manchester City Centre)
- River Bar & Grill (in The Lowry Hotel)
Nuffield Health - Manchester Printworks Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
Nuffield Health (Manchester Printworks) is offering you reduced rate for full peak anytime usage corporate membership with 12 months at £40pcm and 3 month membership for £46pcm. Plus, anybody who signs up for a 12 month membership during October will receive one month free Full Peak anytime usage corporate membership. Find out more on the Nuffield discounts page. Just show your staff ID card at the Printworks gym when registering for the corporate offer.
Wellbeing Week (Monday, 5 October - Saturday, 10 October) is your chance to discover some of the many opportunities on campus - to relax, to be active, to try something new - but most of all to help you to feel good and have some fun! All of the activities planned for the week are completely FREE and are DROP-IN meaning you can simply turn up, without needing to book. Wellbeing Week also celebrates the new home of Wellbeing at the University - you can find all of the events at: the New Wellbeing Rooms, Simon Building, Brunswick Street, M13 9PG (Campus Map reference: 59). Check out all the activities!
Opera House and Palace Theatres
For ballet fans why not try Northern Ballet’s 1984 on 14-17 October from only £10 and this Friday (2 October) there is a Rat Pack spectacular from £15. For these and all the latest offers, please call Group bookings on 0161-245-6666 quoting University of Manchester.