Martin Harris Centre autumn season launched
01 Sep 2015
See an exceptional programme of performances at the Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama this autumn.
We have have a rich variety of music, drama, literature and dance events planned for you this season.
- 'The Box of Tricks', presented by Manchester based theatre company ‘Pagelight Production’ gets the autumn season underway in September. The play premièred at Manchester’s 24:7 Theatre festival in 2014, where it won the prestigious audience award.
- The University's internationally renowned resident string quartet, Quatuor Danel begins its eleventh season at the University on 1 October. In December they will delight us with their 'Shostakovich Cycle', an unmissable five-concert series of the 15 Shostakovich quartets.
- We are delighted to be hosting events which form part of the Manchester Literature Festival 2015. These events include readings by acclaimed writers such as Kevin Barry, Andrew O’Hagan and Joanne Harris. We are also very excited to be hosting a Guardian Live event with multi-award winning crime writer Ian Rankin.
- Mid-season, Manchester based psych-folk duo Bird to Beast will delight us with their infectious melodies and love songs. The duo is made up of University alumnus Sam Hird and wife Hannah.
- The ever popular Walter Carroll Lunchtime Concert Series continues with a varied and diverse programme. Lunchtime concerts take place on Thursdays and begin at 1.10pm. The concerts are free and there’s no need to book, so you can just turn up on the day and enjoy the music!
Tickets for the autumn 2015 season are now on sale and can be purchased via:
- Martin Harris Centre Box Office (weekdays 2-4pm) or
- Online via Quaytickets