Humanities Showcase welcomes Michael Wood as keynote speaker
27 May 2015
The Faculty will hold its 10th Teaching and Learning Showcase on Thursday, 2 July 2015 (10.30am-3.30pm) in Manchester Business School East
This summer's Showcase is hosted by the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures and will focus on 'Using Multimedia to Enhance Teaching and Learning'. We welcome Michael Wood (Professor of Public History, The University of Manchester) who will be the Keynote speaker at the event.
There will be a variety of sessions available for participants to attend, ranging from 30-minute presentations to on-hour workshops. There will be opportunities for questions at the end of each session.
Lunch will be provided for attendees with time provided to network with colleagues from across the Faculty. There will also be a number of stalls providing information and demonstrations pertinent to teaching and learning in Humanities.
We’d be delighted if you could join us to discover how to:
- produce short films for teaching;
- develop MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) to reach a wider audience and to promote your degree courses;
- integrate Teaching through Research into your lectures;
- tailor your online teaching material for distinct groups within your students;
- build and develop an archive/database of teaching materials in collaboration with your students;
- and lots more – see the website and timetable for full details!