Making your Mark
23 Apr 2015
An introduction to impact for research staff
Excellent researchers understand that their work can change the world. How they go about and talk about their work can have a huge impact on how they and their work are viewed.
The making Your Mark course aims to help researchers make their mark. It will draw on the current agendas of research impact demonstrated by the funding bodies and grant holders, but with specific focus on the individual and how they work.
Through discussion and practical activities participants will consider both the impact of their research, and the impact they have in the research environment in which they work.
It will explore how researchers can make more impact by:
- how they work with others
- how they communicate their research
- how they engage with those connected to their research
And it will explore the impact of their research by:
- understanding the context of their research
- considering the beneficiaries of their research
- managing the implications of their research
The course will be held on Tuesday, 21 July, 9.30am-4.30pm, Room 6.207 in University Place.
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
To book, visit: