Funding to support interactions between industry and academia
13 Apr 2015
An MRC fund open to all Faculties will be launched on Monday, 20 April (12-1.30pm) in Dalton Room, Core Technology Facility (48 Grafton Street, M13 9XX)
The MHS Business Engagement Team is pleased to announce that we have been awarded £200,000 from the Medical Research Council to deliver the MRC Proximity to Discovery (P2D) Industry Engagement Fund.
The fund aims to overcome the bottleneck to the establishment of new collaborations by supporting early interactions and knowledge exchange between industry and academic researchers.
It is open to academic colleagues across all Faculties.
Successful proposals will:
- enhance academic understanding of industry or vice versa in order to foster biomedical research collaborations;
- showcase biomedical research to highlight the opportunities they provide for potential industry partners;
- allow an exchange of skills or knowledge which will enable new collaborative projects to develop.
The competition is structured around two schemes, Relationship Incubator and Industry Secondment, and will invite application from across the biomedical space, including but not exclusive to:
- Medical devices
- Digital health
The launch event will include an overview of the funding schemes and guidance for developing proposals. The meeting will end with lunch and opportunity for networking and getting advice on your P2D proposal ideas from panel members, business engagement and research support services.
Please note that this event is for academics eligible to apply for grant funding.
Register for the event online at:
- Eventbrite: MRC Proximity to Discovery Industry Engagement Fund-launch-event-registration-16281355974
Guidance notes for applicants
A call for proposals will be announced on 20 April, with a closing deadline of 9 June 2015, 12 noon.
- Naomi Chandler, Business Engagement Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org on 0161 306 0554