Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Menu
Search the University of Manchester siteSearch Menu StaffNet
Search type

Staff benefits update

01 Apr 2015

April has arrived and a bank holiday weekend is nearly here! This update has the latest monthly newsletter and competitions from Perkz, how to register with Care2Save so you can shop and give to charity at the same time and other locally negotiated discounts for you

staff benefits

Perkz

The April newsletter is out now, providing 5% supermarket savings at Sainsbury’s and Asda. That means if you spend £50 a week, you save £130 a year and if you spend £100 a week, you save £260 a year. You can also save an extra 5% with Hotpoint & Indesit during April and that is on top of the usual 30% saving through the Privilege Purchase Programme. HP - save an extra £20 on orders over £200 and again, that is on top of the normal Perkz discount, where you save up to 35%.

Perkz competitions

  • £500 Hotpoint/Indesit Voucher – which should go a fair way towards any home appliance you might need. Plus, save 30% through Perkz!
  • Seven night Eurocamp holiday - for two adults and up to four children (aged 17 and under) or four adults at a European park of your choice in 2015;
  • HP Stream x360 Convertible Laptop – work and play from a happy place with tis stylish convertible x360 Windows-based PC.

For full details please visit Perkz and select ‘competitions’ from the category menu. If you haven’t registered yet contact hrservices@manchester.ac.uk for the unique code.

Care2Save

We are pleased to be able offer staff another way to shop and give to charity at the same time. The Care2Save Charitable Trust was born out of the UK hospice movement and is a registered charity where every purchase made through the Care2Save website generates a commission from the retailer. That commission is given to Care2Save. Care2Save gives 80% of every commission earned to the charity/cause of the shoppers’ choice. The other 20% of the commission goes to Care2Save Charitable Trust, who use it to support hospice and palliative care in the UK and around the world.

If you were wanting to do an online shop at M&S you can go via the Care2Save website and make your purchases at the same cost to yourself. However, your nominated charity would receive 15% commission on your purchases at no extra cost to you. It’s so easy!  Find out how to sign up to shop and give on the Care2Save page.

Luskiw Hair

Nicola Luskiw is a mobile hairdresser in the Greater Manchester area. Previously a senior stylist at Razor Edge Manchester, she now offers a high quality city centre service in your own home, for a fraction of the price and with an extra 5% off for you. References are available on request from other University staff. Find out more about Nicola’s prices and how to book via her staff discount page.

Halfords

Halfords have updated their offer so that you can save money at their Northenden and Bury AutoCentres with:

  • MOTs only £29.95
  • 15% off a major or full service
  • Free MOT with full or major service
  • 20% off wheel alignment

This scheme is extended to your friends and families. Just visit the Halford’s page to download the vouchers for Northenden or Bury.

Opera House and Palace Theatre

Over Easter you may want to take in a show at the The Palace Theatre and Opera House that both offer discounts to University staff of £6-£7 on top price tickets for a large number of shows and no booking fees*. See the latest shows and offers on the What's On Guide.  Offers are only available when calling Group Bookings on 0161 245 6666 when quoting 'University of Manchester'.

* Please note MIF events and a small number of shows do have booking fees: please confirm at time of booking.

-----

Happy Easter and enjoy the long weekend break!

Keep up to date via StaffnetFacebook and Twitter