Countdown to Staff Survey 2015
27 Feb 2015
The Staff Survey 2015 opens on Monday, 9 March
Around 10,200 University staff will be invited to take part* – whether online or by completing a paper copy.
It only takes around 15 minutes to complete, and you can be sure that all the information you supply will be anonymous and treated in strictest confidence. This is because the Staff Survey 2015 is being administered on the University’s behalf by an external company, Capita.
The survey results will be published in June, with action plans being agreed in September at a University-wide, Faculty and Professional Support Services/Library/Cultural Institution level.
What do I do on Monday, 9 March?
If you have email access at work, you’ll receive an email from Capita at some point on Monday, 9 March:
- The email address the message will come from will be Surveys, Staff and the subject line will be 'University of Manchester Staff Survey'
- If you don’t receive this email on Monday, 9 March, look in your spam/junk email to see if it’s there. If you’ve not received this email by Tuesday 10 March, contact Capita on 0800 587 3115
- Simply open the email and you’ll find a weblink to the survey and your own unique password, which you’ll need to access the questionnaire
- Just click on the link, insert your password and fill in the questionnaire
- Most of the questions require a tick box answer, however there are opportunities for you to give more full responses to some questions
Win an iPad in the weekly draw
Once you’ve completed the survey, you’ll be asked if you want to take part in a prize draw to win one of six iPads. If you do, enter your contact details. The winners will be chosen at random by Capita, so no-one at the University will be able to link your contact details with the information you’ve submitted on your questionnaire.
Remember, the sooner you complete the survey, the more chances you'll have of winning!
£1 charity donation from the University for every response
You’ll also be asked which of the three local charities you want your £1 donation to go to (which the University will give on your behalf). Staff chose the three charities via an online vote, and they are: The Christie, St Ann's Hospice and the Mustard Tree.
Then just submit it your completed survey and you’re done. You won’t be sent a receipt or acknowledgement from Capita.
If you don’t complete the survey straight away, you will receive regular reminders from Capita, via email.
What if I don’t have email access at work?
If you don’t have email access at work, your manager will let you have a paper copy which you can complete and return to Capita in the pre-paid envelope.
The survey runs until Monday, 20 April, so there’s plenty of time to get involved.
If you need help to complete the survey between 11 March – 20 April, contact Capita on the Freephone number 0800 587 3115.
* Staff who joined the University on, or after, 1 January 2015 are not included in the Staff Survey 2015.