Safety Matters - the Safety Services newsletter
16 Feb 2015
Latest issue of Safety Matters now available
The latest issue of the Safety Services newsletter is now available and is based on real issues we face in the University.
It contains articles on:
- Cracking under pressure? The mystery of breaking bottles is revealed and how you can prevent solvent bottles shattering spontaneously
- Leaking gas cylinders – follow our advice, prevent leaks, keep safe and benefit from your funding going further!
- Have you an eye for safety, or are you blinded by bad habits? Read the article on choosing and using eye protection.
- Users of formaldehyde should note it has been reclassified – it is now a Category 1B Carcinogen.
- Plus we bust the old myth that ‘People must wear goggles to play conkers’
Get your copy (and read past copies) at: