Healthcare Law and Ethics in the News: Annual Healthcare Conference
03 Feb 2015
On Monday, 23 February 2015 (5pm - 9pm) in Room A101, Samuel Alexander Building
This event will explore current ethical and legal issues which raise controversial questions arising in healthcare that impact on the lives of us all.
The key themes are:
- Routine testing in pregnancy - Professor Rebecca Bennett
- Suing doctors and the blaming culture - Professor Margaret Brazier
- Issues in mental health - anorexia nervosa and mental capacity - Dr Simona Giordano
- Assisted dying - the fate of the Falconer Bill - Dr Alexandra Mullock
There will be an opportunity to discuss these current themes in an open debate and network with peers and professionals in the field.
The Centre for Social Ethics and Policy at The University of Manchester is a world leading centre for the study of health care ethics and law. We run campus based and distance learning master’s courses for graduates and those with equivalent professional experience, as well as a structured doctorate in Bioethics and Medical Jurisprudence.
How to book
To book your free place, email:
Further information about the event
- email email@example.com
- Tel 0161 275 6834 / 07901 025722