Martin Harris Centre launches spring 2015 events programme
21 Jan 2015
The latest events brochure for The Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama is now available. There are events to suit all tastes and many are free of charge.
Take a look at some of the diverse and inspirational performances at the Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama this spring. There is a packed season ahead with something for everyone.
Spring 2015 highlights:
- The Manchester University Music Society returns with a two night run of Handel’s charming opera, Acis and Galatea
- As part of the Literature Live series, in conjunction with the Centre for New Writing, we welcome both internationally acclaimed and newly emerging authors including Denise Riley, Frances Leviston, Susan Stewart and Creative Writing alumna Rebecca Perry
- During the spring season we welcome alternative country and Americana band The Handsome Family. In addition, Kim Gordon (from former rock band Sonic Youth), will be in conversation with University alumnus Dave Haslam about her highly anticipated memoir, Girl In A Band
- The Walter Carroll Lunchtime Concert Series continues with a wide-ranging programme of free Thursday lunchtime concerts, including resident quartet Quatuor Danel and Music alumna Leah Stuttard
- We also welcome Black Box Theatre back to the Centre with their reimaging of Shakespeare’s darkest and most powerful tragedy Macbeth
These are just a few highlights, to see the full programme:
- Visit the website
- Download our brochure now via Issuu
- Martin Harris Centre Spring 2015 brochure (PDF)
- The Martin Harris Box Office 0161 275 8951 (2-4pm weekdays)