Isilon network storage upgrade
19 Nov 2014
Key upgrade will result in some weekend downtime
Work to upgrade the Isilon network storage will be taking place on Saturday 13 and Saturday 20 December 2014. This essential upgrade will ensure the system remains in support.
This work will involve some periods of weekend downtime while the software is upgraded.
Please note: The times below are yet to be confirmed; they are an indication at this stage. Exact times will be confirmed as soon as possible.
The following services will be disrupted:
Saturday 13 December– 7am-2pm – Reynolds House
- Research data storage (which in turn will affect the Computational Shared Facility (CSF) and other centrally run High Performance Computing (HPC) services)
- Podcasting service
Saturday 20 December– 7am-2pm – Kilburn Building
- P: Drives
- Managed desktops
- Video library service
- Library services e.g. eScholar
- Library digitisation project
- Electronic Software Delivery System (ESDS)
- Roaming profile users
- Research data management service
- Whitworth art gallery electronic collections system
- Manchester museum collections management
- Some shared areas
All data will be secure throughout the upgrade process. If you have questions about the upgrade please contact the IT Service Desk.