Launch of the iZone, Ground Floor, University Place
23 Sep 2014
Welcome Week marks the launch of the new Ground Floor iZone, which is the second phase of establishing University Place as the campus hub for student support, information, advice and guidance
Students are encouraged to come to University Place to get help with their queries and to explore how make the most of the opportunities that the University of Manchester has to offer such as volunteering, study abroad and careers. Each month is themed and there are banners informing staff and students about what’s happening around campus and things to consider getting involved in. There will be a series of events and initiatives happening in the iZone every day throughout the academic year.
The iZone incorporates the Welcome Desk on the Ground Floor of the building and is manned by colleagues from the Atrium, the Student Support Hub, located on the first floor of University Place, and colleagues from the Student Services Centre located on Burlington Street. We also have a number of students working with us across the iZone, known as Guidance Ambassadors.
To encourage students to take part in our events and initiatives, and to find out where they can go to access information, advice and guidance on campus, we’re running a competition throughout September – the first 1,000 students to complete the self-guided tour of campus receive a canvas bag and are in with a chance of winning a Z-flex skateboard.
To enter, just pick up a flyer from the iZone and tweet any pictures using the hashtag #IAGTourUoM. To find out more please follow us on Twitter @UoMTheATrium, on Facebook /UniPlaceHubUoM and check out The Atrium blog.
Calendar of Events/Initiatives
- Stoptober (29th Sept – 3rd October)
- Student Money Essentials (6th – 10th October)
- Study Abroad (13th – 17th October)
- Alcohol and Legal Highs Awareness (20th – 24th October)
- Accommodation – Rent Right (27th – 31st October)
- Personal Safety Awareness (3rd – 7th November)
- Wellbeing Week (10th – 14th November)
- Alcohol Awareness and Anti-bullying Week (17th – 21st November)
- Advent – the Twelve Tips of Christmas (1st – 12th December)
- Dry January (5th – 9th January)
- Exam Drop-Ins (12th – 23rd January)