University Charity Bake-Off - calling all cake makers!
22 Sep 2014
Take part in a special charity bake-off event on 30 September in the Students' Union
Are you a talented and ambitious baker? University staff, students and alumni are invited to compete in a Charity Bake-Off to raise money for Fareshare Manchester, a charity which provides vitally needed meals, food parcels and snacks to hundreds of disadvantaged people every day.
If you are a budding Mary Berry or could give Paul Hollywood a run for his money, then this is the star baker challenge for you! Around 30-40 cakes in total are needed, in the following categories:-
- Sweet treats
- Fruit/vegetables (which ties in with the Fareshare theme)
- Alchol-based (my personal favourite!)
- Vegan/gluten free
Your cakelicious offerings will then be judged by:
- Abigail Saffer (@TheCakeReview) - a keen baker and organiser of previous cake tasting events, classes and workshops
- Charlotte-Hooson-Sykes (@The_Lady_Sybil) - a well-known Manchester food and drink blogger
- Miranda Kaunang - from Fareshare
- Gethin Sherrington - who runs the University Students' Baking Society
Prizes will all be food/cake based (of course!) and all money raised on the night will be donated to Fareshare.
Want to take part or attend?
If you would like to take part, please get in touch with Abigail Saffer at:
If you would like to attend or know someone who loves cakes (the event itself is open to the public), then please register at:
For more information about the work of Fareshare Manchester, please go to: