CoreMunicate feedback: improving efficiency and identifying waste
02 Sep 2014
Here is a summary of the main issues and themes from March's team brief discussion topic and tips on what you can do personally to eliminate waste and inefficiency
There was a really strong response to the CoreMunicate discussion topic on improving efficiency and identifying waste.
A number of recurring issues and common themes emerged from the discussion, including:
- Paperless environment/processes
- Internal charging
- Standardisation of processes
- University Procurement/value for money
Several excellent ideas for improving efficiency are to be taken forward as potential projects.
While the projects begin to get under way, each of you can take personal action to improve efficiency and eliminate waste, including:
- Sign up for training in the better use of email to improve efficiency and save time and ensure that your email signature is horizontal across the page to reduce the size of emails;
- Think before printing out documents and print double-sided whenever possible;
- Switch off lights at the end of the day and only boil the water you need when using the kettle;
- Confirm your attendance at events where lunch/refreshments are being provided and let the meeting organisers know if you don’t require food or can no longer attend.
You can read the full report on feedback from the discussion at: