Firefighters' strikes planned for June
19 Jun 2014
What to do if there's a fire on campus during the strikes on 21 June
Firefighters are due to take industrial action, which means there will be greatly reduced fire cover across Greater Manchester.
Confirmed dates for strikes
- 10am to 5pm on Saturday, 21 June, 2014
What to do if there’s a fire
- Don’t waste time investigating what’s happened or rescuing valuables.
- If there’s smoke, keep low where the air is clearer.
- Before you open a door, check if it’s warm; if it is, don’t open it – fire is on the other side.
- Get out and stay out.
- Call Security on 69966 as soon as you’re clear of the building.