Are you returning from maternity or paternity leave?
09 Jun 2014
Support from Staff Training and Equality & Diversity available
Staff Training and Development Unit and the Equality and Diversity Office are offering men and women returners from maternity, paternity or adoption leave the opportunity to join a peer support group.
The group will give you an opportunity to share you experiences and discuss any issues that you may have whilst balancing work and caring responsibilities.
Using Action Learning principles, colleagues will be encouraged to:
- Focus on real work-based issues;
- Reflect with peers and find workable solutions together;
- Try out new approaches and methods;
- Report back on the impact of actions taken.
Are you worried you might have been back too long? Please feel free to take part in the group, to share experiences and advice with more recent returners. Parents returning from adoption leave are also welcome.
Aims and objectives
- Share their experiences and learn from each other;
- Discuss issues related to the balancing of work and caring responsibilities;
- Agree on any actions to take forward.
For more information go to: