Festival of Public Health UK announces new speakers
04 Jun 2014
Former Deputy Chief Medical Officer for England, and first NHS Director for Clinical Governance, Professor Aidan Halligan has been added as a keynote speaker for this year’s Festival on Tuesday, 1 July
Also joining the line-up - on the 7th anniversary of the smoking ban in the UK - will be Helen McFarlane, Chair of Tobacco Free Futures.
Register for the Festival now and take advantage of our special June Bonanza - for the whole of June we will be giving one prize every week to a lucky registrant.
Due to demand from previous feedback, there will now be a conference dinner on the evening of July 1st - giving delegates an opportunity to network with other public health professionals and esteemed speakers. Tickets cost £30 and can be purchased from the University of Manchester online store as part of the Festival registration process.
This year’s Festival will take place on Tuesday, 1 July at The University of Manchester and the theme is “Wicked Public Health Problems: alcohol, obesity and smoking”.
Confirmed keynote speakers for 2014 include:
- Professor Sir Ian Gilmore – Past-President, Royal College of Physicians
- Professor Martin McKee CBE - President-elect of the European Public Health Association and Professor of European Public Health at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Professor John Ashton CBE – President, Faculty of Public Health
- Professor Simon Capewell – Professor of Clinical Epidemiology, University of Liverpool
- Professor C. Fergus Lowe – Professor Emeritus, Bangor University and Chief Executive of Food Dudes Ltd
- Professor Aidan Halligan – Former Deputy Chief Medical Officer for England and first NHS Director of Clinical Governance
- Helen McFarlane – Chair, Tobacco Free Futures
We look forward to welcoming you to Manchester in July!