Meet charities and suppliers at first national conference for disabled workforce
06 Jun 2014
On Friday, 6 June 2014, the Disabled Staff Network is hosting “What are We Hiding?”, an exploration of the double theme of “hidden” disabilities and the “hidden” contribution of disabled employees to the nation’s economy
Tom McAlpine, a renowned speaker in the field of mental health, will be delivering the keynote speech at the conference, which is the first of its kind in the UK.
Registration for the conference has closed, but the Exhibitor Area will be open to all members of staff in the Atrium of the Alan Turing Building on 6 June from 12 noon to 1.15pm.
The exhibitors will include:
- Osmond Ergonomics - supplier of innovative products and services to improve workplace wellbeing
- Moodswings - a unique charity providing intense support to people with mood disorders and their friends and family
- Stroke Association - the UK’s stroke charity, which supports stroke survivors, families and carers, and funds research into the prevention and treatment of stroke
- National Autistic Society - the leading UK charity for people with autism (including Asperger syndrome) and their families
- Department for Work and Pensions ‘Access to Work’ - a grant that helps pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition
- Bipolar UK - the national charity dedicated to supporting individuals with bipolar, their families and carers
- Microlink plc - the UK’s largest independent supplier of Assistive Technology and disability related management services
- Research on Rheumatoid Arthritis - University’s Senior Research Fellow presenting results of research
- Breakthrough UK - a charity promoting the independence and integration of disabled people into society
For details of the conference, see: