EPS listening to the views of their staff
03 Jun 2014
Staff across the Faculty expressed strong opinions that communications both within and outside of the Faculty needed to improve
In response at a Faculty level a new Marketing and Communications Team of existing posts and new appointments has been put together:
- Zabina Kosar-Ahmed, External Relations Manager (maternity leave until February 2015)
- James Tallentire, Marketing and Communications Manager
- Rachel Hobson, Internal Communications Manager
- Daniele Atkinson, Social Responsibility Manager
- Rina Srabonian, Graphic Designer
- Christine Twigg, Project Officer
- Elly White, Administrative Support
The team are working across the Faculty and Schools to review all of the current internal and external communications and is now assessing and implementing ways to improve them.
Work so far has included the new Team Brief newsletter, the development of ‘The World Works Better with Us’ campaign and social media channels. Alongside this the Faculty now has a graphic design service, photography expertise and is supporting the Manchester Engineering Campus Development (MECD) project team.
The team are working closely with the Faculty Web Team on the redevelopment of the Faculty, School and associated websites and Intranets.
A virtual news team has also been established between the Marketing and Communications, Web and central Press Office for staff to send their stories.
There’s also been a host of activity at school level including to aid better two-way communication including:
- Revised monthly PSS management and team meetings are now taking place in Computer Science and MACE.
- Membership of the ESAE School Executive has been broadened to include Head of Research group.
- School newsletters are now produced in EEE and MACE.
- Away days and social responsibility days have been held across a number of schools to improve team working.
- In Materials, regular academic staff meetings are held to encourage communications across the multiple sites the school has. They have also set up a joint academic and PSS communications group.