The Manchester Graduate Internship Programme
20 May 2014
Short-term staffing requirements? Find out how “MGIP” can help
If you need a recruitment solution to a short-term vacancy then the University’s own Manchester Graduate Internship Programme (MGIP) could be your solution.
Delivered by the Careers and Employability Division the graduate internship programme “MGIP” supports our graduates’ employability by providing them with vital work experience and the opportunity to develop key skills. Through MGIP colleagues can recruit a new graduate into an internship lasting between 4 and 12 months. Roles include: administration, research, student marketing plus student experience and support roles and have to be authorised by HR in the first instance.
Key benefits to University colleagues include:
- a flexible option for covering temporary positions;
- someone with recent experience of being a student, bringing with them new perspectives, insights and ideas;
- full recruitment support provided throughout the process from advertising, collecting applications and liaising with applicants.
Numerous colleagues across the institution have already recruited a graduate intern. Emily McIntosh, Student Support, Advice & Guidance Manager says of her experience “We have benefitted hugely from recruiting recent graduates because they are enthusiastic and close to the student experience. Our interns have brought a fresh perspective, have a creative approach to their work and have offered lots of ideas about how we can engage better with students.”
Feedback from the interns themselves is just as positive with one of our recent graduates stating “The internship opportunity has given me the chance to develop lots of skills and take on exciting project work. I didn’t realise that a career in higher education existed until I applied for this job, but I’ve enjoyed working here so much that I now want to work in higher education long term”
If you are interested in finding out more about how MGIP could help meet your staffing needs:
- Go to Manchester Graduate Internship Programme
- Contact Tracey Campbell Monks, Careers and Employability Division, on 54041 or email@example.com