Say it with a Thank You card!
11 Jun 2014
A way to instantly reward and recognise members of staff that go that extra mile
We often get distracted, forget or just take for granted exemplary work and extra effort from our colleagues and teams. When we can see that a team or an individual is shining, it has not always been appropriate to gain recognition for them through the Rewarding Exceptional Performance Policy or other likeminded schemes.
The Univesity of Manchester Thank You Scheme, launched in 2013 however, enables ALL staff to easily and quickly show their appreciation to any other member of staff by sending a personalised online or printed card. Managers can also give gifts or arrange events to show their gratitude to team members for their special efforts.
So, bear in mind the words of the novelist G.B. Stern, "Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone" and send a Thank You Card!
Frequently Asked Questions
For further information about thank you cards, giving/receiving gifts, arranging events or managers' guidance please visit:
- Staff Recognition Thank You Scheme
- Thank You eCards
- To order printed thank you cards contact your Thank You Scheme Approver in your local Faculty, Directorate, Library or Cultural Institution.
- Thank You Scheme Monitoring Form (EXCEL)
- Thank You Scheme Example Monitoring Form (PDF)
- This scheme is part of a suite of Recognition Schemes at The University of Manchester