Climate Change Champions Photography Competition - deadline extended
19 May 2014
Individuals and teams are invited to submit photographs of what they are doing to improve the environment by 3 June 2014.
A group of our students, the Climate Change Champion volunteers, are keen to show the world what students, staff and teams from the University and the Students’ Union are doing to make positive environmental changes.
As they wish to do this in a fun and visual way, they have recently launched the Climate Change Champions photography competition and invite any student, staff member or team (group, department or society) that studies or works at the University or the Students’ Union to enter the photography competition to show the positive steps that they are taking.
The ‘Climate Change Champions’ students are supported by the Environmental Sustainability Team and the Volunteering & Community Engagement Team at the University.
They are looking for good quality photographs that demonstrate the positive steps you (either as an individual or part of a University team) are taking to help the environment. The photographs can be fun, educational, informative and/or quirky – it is entirely up to you!
Requirements for photographs
Your photographs should demonstrate the positive steps you are taking to help the environment and should be:
- Good quality, sharp images
- At least 5 megapixels
- Taken and submitted by students or staff members from the University and Students’ Union
- Student category – any student at the University or Students’ Union
- Staff category – any staff member at the University or Students’ Union
- Team category – any team (group, department or society) that studies or works at the University or Students’ Union
The overall winner for each category will receive £100 in vouchers! £45 worth of vouchers will be given as the second prize for each category and £20 worth of vouchers given as a third prize for each category.
By entering your photograph in the competition you are giving permission to the University to use it in its publicity materials, such as publications, posters, social media and website.
In addition you must have permission from any people in the picture that their image can be used.
Submitting an image
Electronic copies of the photo should be submitted via an email attachment to:
In the body of the email, please state:
- your name, address, telephone number and email address
- which category you wish to enter the image into
- what the image is depicting
The closing date for all entries is Tuesday, 3 June 2014.
- Climate Change Champions Photography Competition: Terms and conditions
- Facebook: The University of Manchester Climate Change Champions