Faculty of Humanities' China Country Group
03 Mar 2014
Are you in Humanities and interested in sharing knowledge about China?
The Faculty of Humanities’ Internationalisation Working Group is running a number of country groups during semester 2 with the first one being for China.
The aims and objectives of these groups are as follows:
- To bring together academic and PSS colleagues with a commitment to a particular country, whether for teaching, research, social responsibility, business engagement, or recruitment purposes.
- To support the sharing of knowledge between colleagues in order to foster informed engagements with the particular country.
- To make that knowledge (including, where appropriate, contacts and links) available to the wider faculty community to help expand or improve our work with that particular country.
- To collate information on current international relations.
- To identify opportunities for consolidating, developing, and expanding current international relations, with particular attention to 2+2 and other collaborative partnership opportunities.
- To identify a select group of potential partners on which to focus our energies.
- To collect information on the reputation of The University of Manchester and in particular the Faculty of Humanities in our target countries.
- To identify UK and US competitors to our relations with our target international partners.
- To identify priority areas where the Faculty of Humanities will make most impact and where this focus will make greatest contribution to faculty priorities in recruitment, research or social responsibility.
The China Country group will take place on Wednesday, 12 March from 12.30pm in Room 2.220, University Place. All Humanities staff are welcome and lunch will be provided. The aim of the meeting will be to create a network of contacts, share existing links and experiences and discuss a way forward for improving faculty and schools’ engagement in China.
If you are interested in attending the China group, or would like more information, please email:
- Claire Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible
The other country groups planned for semester 2 include Africa, Brazil, Russia, India and the USA, and Claire can provide further information for anyone interested.