11th International Conference on Urban Health
17 Feb 2014
The University’s Manchester Urban Collaboration on Health, with the Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, is organising the 11th International Conference on Urban Health in Manchester on 4-7 March at Manchester Central Convention Complex.
The special keynote speaker is Dr Howard Koh, the US Assistant Secretary for Health, Department of Health and Human Services. Together, with all of our plenary speakers, Local Organising Committee, the International Scientific Committee and our sponsors, ICUH 2014 promises to be an exciting event.
500 speakers will present their work, including the following speakers from the University:
- Professor Ian Jacobs (Vice President and Dean of the Faculty of Medical & Human Sciences)
- Professor Dame Tina Lavender (Professor of Midwifery)
- Professor Mukesh Kapila (Professor of Global Health and Humanitarian Affairs)
- Professor Tony Redmond OBE (Professor of International Emergency Medicine)
- Professor Ken Muir (Professor of Epidemiology)
- Professor Aneez Esmail (Professor of General Practice)
The conference dinner is at 7.30pm for 8pm at Gorton Monastery.
The RCP has awarded ICUH 2014 with 18 hours of Category 1 CPDs.
Would you like a stall to showcase the excellent work you are doing?
There are limited spaces left to register and the special rates will close on 28 February 2014:
There will be a number of pre-conferences, including the WHO Urban-HEART, Public conference and other activities on 4 March:
There are still 27 conference dinner places available at the beautiful Gorton Monastery.
Cultural and Community Visits
Ther will be a wide variety of cultural and community visits on 4 March as part of the pre-conference. Please keep checking for updates at:
Provisional programme and registration