University Language Centre - In-sessional English Language Support
09 Sep 2013
The University Language Centre provides a range of English language support services for registered students, visiting fellows and international staff members whose first language is not English.
The support services include:
- Online Diagnostic test for registered international students;
- Timetabled in-sessional courses for international students, covering academic writing, academic speaking, pronunciation and grammar;
- Academic writing tutorial service for students wishing to discuss and improve particular aspects of their academic writing style;
- Materials development, including online resources such as the Academic English and Skills Development Material and the Academic Phrasebank, to help students improve their academic English.
Up-to-date information about the above services is available on the ULC’s website:
Students wishing to register for in-sessional courses will normally need to complete our online diagnostic test. Details can be found at:
In-sessional registration information can be found here:
Classes will start week commencing 7 October 2013. Registration opens on 27 September 2013.
If you require any further information, please contact:
- Academic Support Programmes Officer on 0161 275 3425