Dates for your diary: advanced notice of Blackboard downtime Easter 2014
02 Aug 2013
Neither staff nor students will have access to Blackboard from 4pm on Thursday, 10 April until midnight on Sunday, 13 April 2014.
What do staff need to do?
- Take these dates into account when planning course activity and assessment deadlines;
- Follow the instructions below to download the calendar file to your University calendar;
- Include in communications to students e.g. Programme / Course handbooks, Blackboard Course Calendar etc;
- Ensure you students are aware of the downtime and remind them to download any course materials they may need.
Please note other Blackboard at risk periods are:
- Sundays (2am-5am)
- All of July
Download the calendar file to you Outlook calendar
- Click Calendar item for Blackboard downtime if prompted to Open or Save, choose Open
OR click Save, save in My Documents, locate the file and double click it;
- Make sure Microsoft Office is selected;
- Click OK;
- The event will open as a calendar item;
- Click Save and Close;
- The event will be added to your Calendar. You may also want to set a reminder at 2 weeks to give you time to remind all your student groups.
- Your eLearning team at email@example.com