Are you a female interested in IT or computer science?
17 Jun 2013
The annual Women in IT event will take place on Tuesday, 9 July (11.30am-2pm) in Room 4.38, Simon Building.
This event is an opportunity for you to meet and network with colleagues from varying IT career backgrounds, as well as those with IT interests and aspirations.
The event is open to all staff and postgraduates at The University of Manchester as well as welcoming colleagues from Manchester Metropolitan University, to facilitate wider networking.
We are glad to announce our guest speaker, Gillian Arnold, Director of Tectre. Gillian has a long involvement with work for Women in IT: she won the 2012 Cisco / Everywoman in Technology award for Technology Inspiration of the year and is a nominee for the Computer Weekly Most Influential Woman in UK IT 2013. She also currently sits on the board of directors for WISE/UKRC.
The full schedule is as follows:
- 11.30am – Arrival, coffee and networking
- 11.55am – Welcome and introduction from event chair, Chris Sharples (Head of Client Services, ITS)
- 12pm – Mike B Taylor (Student IT Manager, PSS-IT): The role of student reps in IT – not just a job for the boys!
- 12.25pm – Guest speaker, Gillian Arnold (Chair of BCS Women and Director of Tectre)
- 1pm – Stephanie Walters (Staff Development Advisor, STDU): How coaching and development can help you achieve your personal and career goals
- 1.30pm – Buffet lunch
- 2pm – Event close
Register your attendance online at:
We look forward to meeting you!