Does your sustainability initiative deserve a Green Gown Award for excellence?
06 Jun 2013
Submit applications to the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) by 12 June.
The Green Gown Awards recognise exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by universities and colleges across the UK.
They are run by the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC), a not-for-profit charity with a membership of over 300 universities and colleges, which supports sustainability within the UK tertiary education sector.
Last year, the University submitted three applications to the Green Gown Awards, all of which reached the final round and one of which won a category award.
This year, the University would like to target a minimum of five applications. Stage 1 applications are now open and the deadline for submissions is Wednesday 12 June.
There are 14 categories:
- Best Newcomer (This category is not applicable to UoM as we have applied for a Green Gown Award before)
- Carbon Reduction
- Construction and Refurbishment
- Continuous Improvement: Institutional Change - inclusion in the Green Gown International Award
- Facilities and Services (new for 2013)
- Learning and Skills
- Modernisation - Effectiveness and Efficiency in the Estate
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Research and Development
- Social Responsibility - inclusion in the Green Gown International Award (I will email Julian separetly about this)
- Student and Staff Engagement - inclusion in Green Gown International Award
- Sustainability Champion Award (new for 2013)
- Technical Innovation for Sustainability (new for 2013)
You can find more details about each of the categories at:
Please submit your application to EAUC by Wednesday, 12 June 2013 online at:
and inform Lucy Millard, Environmental and Sustainability Manager, that you have done so by emailing her at: