Book now for the Coaching Skills for Managers course
04 Jun 2013
Places available on Coaching Skills for Managers course to be held in July and September.
This course will help managers identify how to develop individuals and team. It will explore the role the manager plays in identifying individual and team development needs and enhance the personal skills required to effectively coach individual team members.
This session will enable those attending to:
- Develop active listening skills and use well developed questioning, reflecting, and summarising skills to understand the views of others.
- Recognise individual skills and styles and a variety of coaching approaches.
- Understand how to motivate others with their energy and enthusiasm.
- Develop openness and honesty in communicating with staff.
- Motivate staff and the team by giving encouraging positive, and constructive critical feedback.
- Understand a range of methods to coach and help staff develop in their job.
- Understand how a coaching approach can be used to promote a culture of continuous improvement and development
The course will be held over two sessions:
- Wednesday, 19 July 2013 (9.30am to 4.30pm) at STDU, Humanities Bridgeford Street
- Wednesday, 11 September 2013 (10am to 3pm) at STDU, Humanities Bridgeford Street
To book a place on the course, visit:
If you experience any problems with the online booking system, contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘TMS71’: ‘Coaching Skills for Managers’ in the subject line