Coming soon: How we recruit is changing
26 Oct 2022
We're introducing a new online vacancy creation and approval process
In September we told you about planned improvements to Jobtrain, our University’s recruitment system, to help make our whole recruitment process quicker, easier and more efficient.
This week early adopters in the Faculty of Humanities and teams in the Directorates of Planning and P&OD Operations have moved to a new way of creating a vacancy and sending it for approval using Jobtrain - we’re delighted to have them onboard. This will be rolled out to the wider University from 21 November 2022.
From the 21 November:
- You’ll start using Jobtrain when you need to create a vacancy and send for approval. And stop completing the paper PCM (Post Contract Management form) section 1 (for advertised and non-advertised, direct, and replacement vacancies).
- The process for any contract post funding changes will remain the same for now.
- Approvers will receive an automatic email notification from Jobtrain to complete the approval process, which can be completed directly from the link in the email.
- Once approved, the Recruitment team will receive an automatic notification, and will contact you in the usual way.
- Non-advertised roles will also need submitting via the online vacancy approval process for them to be processed by the P&OD Operations Team.
- You will be able to track the progress of approvals, which has not been possible before.
I’ll be recruiting soon - what can I do to get ready?
- Get your Jobtrain access set up now – current Jobtrain users will be able to access the ‘Create a New Job’ function in Jobtrain, from 21 November, using your existing logins. Check you have login details. If you’ve not got an account, or you need your password reset, request this now by contacting the Recruitment team at People.Recruitment@manchester.ac.uk
- Sign up to a ‘show and tell’ live system demo - how to add a vacancy, send it for approval and how to approve, as well as an opportunity to ask questions. Don’t worry if you can’t make a session, we’ll record them to share. To sign up, head to the Jobtrain SharePoint site, in the Events section, scroll through the available dates, click to open the event you want to attend and select ‘add to my calendar’.
- Can you wait until after 21 November to start recruiting? If you can hold off starting the recruitment process until the 21 November or beyond, you’ll then be able to do this using Jobtrain. However, if you need to start the recruitment process before, please continue to draft and send your PCM in the current way and once received in the Recruitment team, they’ll support you to manage your vacancy.
- If you think you’ll need more support in using Jobtrain for the first time, we’ll have drop-in sessions available on campus and virtually, to help you get started.
- Look out for detailed messaging around 21 November with clear guidance which will include links to training guides, where to go for help to ask a question, how to access our drop-in project support and how to share your feedback.
We’re excited to bring you this first new feature in Jobtrain and will look forward to your feedback as we start this important and exciting step in improving our end-to-end recruitment process at our University.
- In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact PeopleODTransformation@manchester.ac.uk.
Head of People and OD, Transformation and Operations