Introducing Diversity Travel: providing additional travel booking support
19 Apr 2022
Our new arrangement with Diversity Travel will provide colleagues with offline support for travel bookings
Why is there a new arrangement with Diversity Travel?
In response to a number of issues regarding Key Travel off-line support service levels, we've put in place a new arrangement with travel management company Diversity, to offer an alternative route for booking travel where agent support is required. The new arrangement with Diversity Travel starts on Tuesday, 19 April and will be piloted for 12 months. Having Diversity as a back-up is also to ensure bookings remain within our Travel Policy and the University is able to cover its duty of care responsibilities.
Should I continue to use Key Travel?
For online trips please continue to use Key Travel, which currently covers 86% of University bookings.
We have updated the Travel pages with contact details and guidance which will help and support you with making online bookings.
However if you are seeking offline support then you may use Diversity, the process is as follows:
- Review your potential trips using online enquiry, Key Travel, Expedia or alternative
- Note your preferred options for the trip and obtain an estimate of the cost
- Create a purchase requisition for the estimated value
- When you have the converted purchase order, contact Diversity on:0161 302 5543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide them the purchase order reference and outline your travel needs
- Diversity will liaise with you in regard to the booking
- If a booking is made, Diversity will invoice the University with the PO reference
- Any price change will be handled within the standard supplier invoice process
- If you are not a member of staff then you will need to contact the email@example.com in the first instance to provide access approval.
Diversity has set aside a team to support the University and aim to work to a SLA (Service Level Agreement) of 99% of calls answered within a minute. Chris Culpin will be our Account Manager at Diversity, and is very experienced in travel management.
- Please note, Diversity cannot assist with any existing Key Travel Bookings.
Why are there support issues with Key Travel?
The above is in response to a number of complaints with the quality and efficiency of support from Key Travel, who have struggled to match the recovery of business travel activity in recent months and consequently offline support has suffered. Other external factors such as the storms in February, events in Ukraine, system issue with BA and Trainline have added demand to already stretched resources.
Key Travel is not unique in their current predicament as the whole travel industry is struggling with an upturn in demand, however we appreciate that colleagues are experiencing long wait times, which is why there is a need for an alternative.
We are grateful for Key Travel's response in recovering a large number of booking confirmations last month due to an internal email firewall change.
Key Travel do not receive a set fee from the University, they recover costs only on completed bookings.