Our website is our most important communications and marketing tool and the first point of contact for all of our prospective audiences, so we need to ensure a compelling and meaningful first impression. To help promote continuity of style and message across our web presence, we have created the following guidelines. By collaborating on look and feel, we can help improve the user experience across our complex digital proposition.
All University-related websites must:
- Have a clearly identified purpose and audience
- Whenever possible, be optimised for responsive browsing
- Be developed in the preferred content management systems - T4's SiteManager or Wordpress
- Comply with the University's website privacy notice
- Adhere to general principles of accessible design and comply with the 2018 web accessibility regulation (see Web accessibility guidelines)
University-related websites using the University brand must:
- Use standard templates
- Adhere to the University's visual guidelines in relation to use of the University logo and typography
- Include the appropriate version of the University logo which should link to the University website home page
- Use a sub-domain of the 'manchester.ac.uk' domain
- Adopt the University's house style and tone of voice
- Comply with the University's photography and film guidelines
If you have any queries about web guidelines or for further details, please contact Milena Cimmarrusti-Davila at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext 53553.