Teaching Innovation Collective 2022/2023: Programme and session recordings
Welcome back to the Teaching Innovation Collective! Now in its third year, the Collective was started by Hannah Cobb in 2019 and has become a SALC institution. This year's TIC series is brought to you by Mairéad Pratschke, SALC's new Chair in Digital Education.
Our lunchtime sessions are in the Samuel Alexander Building for small workshops and on Zoom for larger sessions. All recorded sessions will be posted here, so you can revisit them at your leisure.
Please follow the Teaching Innovation Collective on Eventbrite to be notified when new sessions are added and register your in-person or online attendance for each event. We look forward to seeing you there!
Semester 1 schedule
- 26 October, 1-2pm in Sam Alex A4: Posthuman Pedagogies: a reading-based session. Discussion of Branlat, J., Velasquez, J., & Hellstrand, I. (2022). Tentacular Classrooms: Feminist Transformative Learning for Thinking and Sensing. Journal of Transformative Education.
- 9 November, 12-1pm in Sam Alex A4: Applying for or upgrading your HEA Fellowship with the LEAP Programme with Holly Dewsnip, Institute for teaching and Learning & Hannah Cobb, National Teaching Fellow 2022
- 23 November, 1-2pm in Sam Alex A4: Students, texts and prisons: teaching and learning with university and prison students together with Ingrid Hanson.
- 7 December, 12:30-1:30pm in A104: Testing your Hypothes.is. Please note: This is a joint session hosted with the Humanities Teaching Online Workshops, and features a fantastic panel including Aña Nino (Spanish), Ruth Morello (Classics), Chika Watanabe (Anthropology), and Noelle Dückmann Gallagher (English). Please join us at 12:30pm or 1pm, as panel members also exit/enter.
Semester 2 schedule
- 25 January, 12-1pm in Sam Alex A4: Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Assessment with Mairéad Pratschke video available on Figshare to download and share with attribution (please see the citation guidance on Figshare page).
- 8 February, 1-2pm: John Ryland Research Institute and Library’s Digital Initiatives with Guyda Armstrong with JRRIL colleagues. Resources referred to in this presentation include the Medium teaching resource on Special Collections and a resource on supporting teaching and learning in Special Collections, including contacts to make requests.
- 17 February, 11am-12pm: Flexible Learning Programme pilots: Q&A with Simon Thomson Please see the Flexible Learning Pilots page for further information on how to apply.
- 24 March, 12-1pm: Supporting International Students with Jenna Mittelmeier, SEED
- 24 March 1-2pm: Embedding Equality, Diversity and Inclusion with Sheena Kalayil, SALC
- 12 April, 12:30-1:30pm: The Manchester Gold Mentoring Programme with Esther Cadd, Learning & Organisational Development and Hannah Cobb, SALC. Please note: This session is hosted jointly with the Institute for Teaching and Learning. Please sign up here.
- 19 April, 1-2pm (online): From Mummies to Microchips with Huw Twiston Davies, SALC
- 26 April, 1-2pm in Sam Alex A114: Active Feedback Workshop with Jenni Rose, AMBS
- 3 May, 1-2pm in Sam Alex A4: Audio Feedback for Student Engagement with Peter O'Connor, SALC
- 24 May, 1-2pm in Sam Alex A114: Sustainable Pedagogies panel with Cara Berger & colleagues