A number of guidelines and procedures are available regarding staff research at the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures.
Please see the links below to these research policy documents.
Please contact the School Office via the following email SALC_Personalresearchallowance@manchester.ac.uk for any PRA queries, budget checks, account codes etc
All travel must be booked via Key Travel and currently requires a risk assessment prior to booking. This includes UK Trips.
- Peer review guidance and template (Word)
- SALC Procedures for Grant Applications (including peer review)
- UoM Research Expectations (PDF)
- SALC Research Coordinator Job Description (PDF)
- Policy On Honorary Staff
- SALC Grant Buy-Out Guidelines (PDF)
- Guidance for International Academic Visitors
- Guidelines and Procedures for Academic Leave
- FOH Policy on the Governance of Research Institutes, Centres, Groups, and Networks
Intent to apply form
Download the 'Intent to apply' form
Please submit your completed ITA Form to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Costing, pricing and proposal approval
The following documents contain information about the University's new costing and pricing policy. Approvals are obtained via PURE. when the proposal is in its final stage.
The Research Support Office will advise applicants on costings, eligibility, research proposal approval form, internal deadlines and submission process as per funder rules, as required.
In addition to contacting the Research Support Office, the applicant must notify their subject research coordinator of their intent to apply and obtain their approval as early as possible in the proposal writing process.