A number of guidelines and procedures are available regarding staff research at the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures. Please see the links below to these research policy documents.
Please contact the School Office via the following email SALC_Personalresearchallowance@manchester.ac.uk for any PRA queries, budget checks, account codes etc
All travel must be booked via Key Travel and currently requires a risk assessment prior to booking. This includes UK Trips.
When booking accommodation in Manchester please use Hyatt Regency Manchester which offers preferential rates to The University of Manchester. Do not book the Hyatt Regency Manchester through any other route (such as Corporate card or Key Travel) as only bookings through the linked process will be counted against the University contract. Please instead use the Hyatt's online booking form or contact email@example.com for assistance. For further information please refer to the University's accomodation guidance.
- UoM Sustainable Travel Policy
- Peer review guidance and template (Word)
- Personal Research Allowance Guidelines 2023-24
- SALC Procedures for Grant Applications (including peer review)
- UoM Research Expectations (PDF)
- SALC Research Coordinator Job Description (PDF)
- Policy On Honorary Staff
- SALC Grant Buy-Out Guidelines (PDF)
- Guidance for International Academic Visitors
- Guidelines and Procedures for Academic Leave
- FOH Policy on the Governance of Research Institutes, Centres, Groups, and Networks
- SALC Mentoring Scheme
Once the form is completed (online) this will be automatically sent to the SALC Research Office
The following documents contain information about the University's new costing and pricing policy. Approvals are obtained via PURE. when the proposal is in its final stage.
The Research Support Office will advise applicants on costings, eligibility, research proposal approval form, internal deadlines and submission process as per funder rules, as required.
In addition to contacting the Research Support Office, the applicant must notify their subject research coordinator of their intent to apply and obtain their approval as early as possible in the proposal writing process.