The University of Manchester Library has an important role to play in supporting your teaching and research by providing access to all relevant services.
We want to take an active role in helping you and enhance the university academic programmes by delivering resources and services which will be essential to you and your students. We also aim to offer guidance and advice to support your research priorities through the provision of a range of tailored and specialised services.
There is a dedicated Faculty Engagement Librarian for your School who is your first point of contact in the library and will work with you to ensure that the Library is meeting your teaching and research needs.
Contact Ian Fishwick, Ruili Zhang or Reetu Child for any library-related queries for any library-related queries or if you would like to arrange a meeting to discuss your teaching/research needs in further detail.
Arts and Cultures-based discipline areas
Art History and Cultural Practices; Drama; English, American Studies and Creative Writing; History; Music; Religions and Theology; Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute; Institute for Cultural Practices; John Rylands Research Institute and Library.
Language-based discipline areas
Chinese Studies; French studies; German Studies; Italian Studies; Japanese Studies; Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies; Russian and East European Studies; Linguistics and English Language; Translation and Intercultural Studies; University Language Centre.
Classics, Ancient History, Archaeology & Egyptology
Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies
University of Manchester Library
- Library Services and Support for Academic Staff
- Specialist Library Support: expert support for students, staff and researchers in the specialist areas of business data, copyright, maths and statistics, referencing support, advanced searching and systematic reviews
Support for your Teaching
- My Learning Essentials: open / embedded training, online skill resources
- Recommend a new journal or database subscription: please discuss with Ian, Ruili or Reetu
- Reading Lists Online: order course texts/digitisation, electronic reading lists
- Subject Guides
Support for your Research
- Researcher Services: access services and support for your research
- Academic & Wider Impact: research metrics, broadening audiences
- E-Theses: guidance for students, supervisors, administrators and Directors
- Managing Research Data: policies, planning and guidance on sharing research data
- My Research Essentials: workshops/online resources for researchers
- Open Research: guidance on Open Access policies, funding and support
- Order a book: order books for research
- Order an article: order articles for research
John Rylands Research Institute and Library
Keep up to date