The University of Manchester Library has an important role to play in supporting your teaching and research by providing access to all relevant services.
We want to take an active role in helping you and enhance the university academic programmes by delivering resources and services which will be essential to you and your students. We also aim to offer guidance and advice to support your research priorities through the provision of a range of tailored and specialised services.
There is a dedicated Faculty Engagement Librarian for your School who is your first point of contact in the library and will work with you to ensure that the Library is meeting your teaching and research needs.
Contact Ian Fishwick, Ruili Zhang, Reetu Child or Paul Tate for any library-related queries or if you would like to arrange a meeting to discuss your teaching/research needs in further detail.
Arts and Cultures-based discipline areas
Art History and Cultural Practices; Drama; English, American Studies and Creative Writing; History; Music; Religions and Theology; Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute; Institute for Cultural Practices; John Rylands Research Institute and Library.
Language-based discipline areas
Chinese Studies; French studies; German Studies; Italian Studies; Japanese Studies; Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies; Russian and East European Studies; Linguistics and English Language; Translation and Intercultural Studies; University Centre for Academic English.
Classics, Ancient History, Archaeology & Egyptology
Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies
University of Manchester Library
Support for your Teaching
- Teaching services: access services and support for your teaching
- My Learning Essentials: open / embedded training, online skill resources
- Recommend a new journal or database subscription: please discuss with Ian, Ruili, Reetu or Paul
- Reading Lists Online: order course texts/digitisation, electronic reading lists
- Subject Guides
Support for your Research
- Researcher Services: access services and support for your research
- Order resources: order books, chapters or articles for your research
- My Research Essentials: workshops/online resources for researchers
- Office for Open Research: led by the Library, the Office for Open Research supports the University’s aims to create a more open and responsible research environment
- Open Research: guidance on Open Access policies, funding and support
- Academic & Wider Impact: research metrics, Open Access+
- Managing Research Data: policies, planning and guidance on sharing research data
- E-Theses: guidance for students, supervisors, administrators and Directors
- Specialist Library Support: expert support for students, staff and researchers in the specialist areas of business data, copyright, maths and statistics, referencing support, advanced searching and systematic reviews
John Rylands Research Institute and Library