Hybrid working across the Professional Services was successfully trialled between June 2021 and August 2022. During this period, the project board has reviewed and refined our approach to hybrid working taking into account extensive feedback from a wide range of colleagues.
The Hybrid Working Framework sets out the principles of hybrid working at the University and three main categories that the majority of roles will fall into.
These resources have been developed to support you in implementing hybrid working successfully in your team.
Find out more
To find out more about hybrid working at the University of Manchester:
If you have any further questions on hybrid working please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This online learning development resource supports managers to continue to implement hybrid working.
- CIPD: Guide to Hybrid Working
- CIPD: Inclusion top tips for hybrid working
- CIPD: Top tips for hybrid meetings
- Harvard Business Review: How to do hybrid right
- Havard Business Review: Fostering a Culture of Belonging in the Hybrid Workplace
- Harvard Business Review: Making virtual teams work - 10 basic principles
- Harvard Business Review: Making the hybrid working place fair
- Harvard Business Review: Psychological safety in a hybrid workplace
- Harvard Business Review: Resist old routine when returning to the office
- Harvard Business School: Covid killed the traditional workplace – what should companies do now?
- McKinsey: What employees are saying about the future of work
- Microsoft: Brain Research Specific findings on online work
- Microsoft: The next great disruption is hybrid work
- CIPD: Assessing roles for hybrid working
- CIPD: Line Manager Guide on Hybrid Working
- CIPD: Questionnaires to support planning for hybrid working
Have a look at some of the hybrid working case studies:
- Steve Jordan, Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities
- Jayne Hindle, Head of School Operations for School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
- Jo Atkinson, Finance Business Partner for Planning
- Sarah Raynor, Head of Teaching, The Library
- Deborah Williams, International Programmes Administrator
Below you can find some example team charters used across the University: