Employee Assistance Programme
09 Feb 2023
Access free health, wellbeing and financial advice
In these challenging times, we understand that many members of our broad University Manchester Community will be affected by the current cost-of-living crisis. Over the past few months, we have been sharing with you a range of information and resources on financial wellbeing.
We’d also like to remind colleagues about our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), provided by Validium and let you know about some new features.
What is the Employee Assistance Programme?
The EAP is a free and confidential service which offers support on a range of issues, including emotional and physical health, mental health, relationships, managing stress and anxiety, money issues and more. Validium, our EAP provider, as recently upgraded its vClub portal providing some additional benefits.
In summary, through our EAP you can:
- Access a 24/7 telephone line to access a range of support services, including online and face to face counselling, relationship support and legal information.
- Sign up to the new vClub portal which has a range of wellbeing information, the option to request a call from a counsellor at a date and time that suits you and a live chat function for general services enquiries. How to create a vClub account.
- Opt to receive the monthly newsletter ‘HealthHero Pulse’
- Access the Living Life to the Full (LLTTF™) – programme - one of the world’s most used Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)-based life skills systems. Living life to the full online resources including e-books, short videos and worksheets (new feature) – this can be accessed via the vClub portal.
- To access the service call 0800 358 5997 or +44 141 271 7555 (landline alternative for international and/or mobile use) to speak to an advisor.
- Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – you’ll always be able to speak to someone who can help.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- You can also visit our financial wellbeing pages for further information and support