Support for students
A quick guide to the information and services most asked for by students
The Careers Service supports students for the duration of their studies plus 2 years after they complete their degree. Students and graduates can access a range of information, events and services to help them improve their skills while they study and take their next steps after University.
- Exploring career options
- Developing jobsearch strategies
- Finding part-time jobs
- Graduate jobs
- Postgraduate study
- Information and advice for international students
- Support for postgraduate students
Further information for academic advisers
Information, advice and guidance
Students and recent graduates may access information and advice in a number of different ways.
- Appointments and drop in sessions are available via Zoom.
- Students can contact us with questions or for advice via Queries in CareerConnect. Students can also access FAQs and talk to us via a live web chat service.
- The Careers website is a good source of information and advice to help UK and international students start to identify skills, career options and get advice on applications and interviews
- Events Online and on campus recruitment fairs, workshops and employer events are a great way for students to learn more about different careers and network with employers.
- Our Learning Pathways are short online modules to enable students to learn the skills they need to be successful with applications and interviews.
Applications and interviews
Students and recent graduates can get help with job or postgraduate course applications and interviews.
Applications and interview guides and videos
Online services and appointments
Help for interview preparation Coaching or interview simulations depending on needs and availability.
On Demand Services
Our events and services available whenever and wherever you want to access them.
24/7 access to
- CV support
- Cover letter support
- Interview support
- Webinar content
- E-learning guides and learning pathways
Students and graduates can access vacancies ( opportunities), events, learning resources and book appointments via their CareerConnect account.
Staff whose job involves supporting students with their career choices may request a University of Manchester Staff account